As anticipated, Xiaomi yesterday unveiled the Mi 9 Lite in Spain. Another new member in its flagship smartphone family, the €319 Lite model comes in €10 cheaper than Mi 9T, swapping out the Snapdragon 730 for the 710, and the 20Mp pop-up selfie camera for a 32Mp notch version, but it holds on to the 3.5mm headphone jack.
There are two versions of the Mi 9 Lite, both with 6GB or RAM but a choice of 64GB or 128GB storage. You'll pay €349 for the extra storage option, but it's also worth noting there is support for microSD cards up to 256GB.
In Spain, Mi 9 Lite will be available to buy via Mi.com from 20 September, in Pearl White, Aurora Blue or Black Onyx.
A UK release has not yet been confirmed, so in the meantime you'll have to purchase through unofficial channels such as Geekbuying where prices currently start at £271.91.
Mi 9 Lite Specifications
- 6.39in Samsung AMOLED display (1080x2340, 403ppi), in-display fingerprint sensor, Gorilla Glass 5, 91.9% screen-to-body ratio
- MIUI 10
- 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 octa-core processor
- Adreno 616 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB storage with microSD support
- 48Mp (f/1.79) + 8Mp + 2Mp triple-lens camera, 4K video @30fps, 720p slow-mo video @960fps
- 32Mp selfie camera, f/2.0, 1.6um pixels, 1080p video @30fps
- Hybrid SIM (dual-SIM or single-SIM + microSD)
- Dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 5.0
- 4,030mAh battery, 18W fast-charging
The Mi 9 Lite joins the Mi 9, Mi 9 SE, Mi 9T and Mi 9T Pro in the Mi 9 line-up. It might be the cheapest of the five, but we rate Xiaomi budget phones very highly and with a large 4,030mAh battery and a mid-range chipset the phone should be a long-lasting decent option at a lower price.
Read next: Best New Phones Coming in 2020