When does the OnePlus Nord launch?
The OnePlus Nord officially launched on 21 July by way of a special augmented reality event.
After a number of pre-order opportunities, the phone then went on general sale in Europe on 4 August and India on 6 August.
Here's how and where to buy the OnePlus Nord, if you're interested.
The Nord is seeing a release in 27 markets across Asia and Europe:
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- United Kingdom
While the first of the Nord line, discussed here, isn't currently scheduled to launch in the US, OnePlus has promised that a member of the Nord family will touch down Stateside before the end of 2020.
How much does the OnePlus Nord cost?
Ahead of the phone's launch, in part one of OnePlus' New Beginnings documentary, CEO Pete Lau proclaimed that, "Nord will be our first product below $500 in recent years."
Sure enough, OnePlus has priced the Nord impressively aggressively, with two main SKUs - in the form of an 8GB RAM + 128GB storage option and a 12GB RAM + 256GB storage model - priced at £379/€399/₹27,999 and £469/€499/€29,999, respectively.
A third 6GB RAM + 64GB storage SKU is scheduled to launch in India in September, costing ₹24,999 (approximately £260/€290).
What specs does the OnePlus Nord have?
Thanks to the constant flow of leaks and rumours that preceded the phone's official launch, we already had a pretty clear picture of what OnePlus' new mid-ranger would be bringing to the table.
Now the phone has been officially announced we have a full spec rundown to pore over:
- 6.44in Full HD+ (2400x1080, 408ppi) 20:9 FluidAMOLED 90Hz display
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Face unlock
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G processor
- 6GB/8GB/12GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB/256GB storage
- Front hole-punch cameras:
- Sony IMX616 32Mp wide sensor w/ f/2.5 aperture, 80.4° FoV
- 8Mp ultra-wide sensor w/ f/2.2 aperture, 105° FoV
- Main cameras:
- Sony IMX586 48Mp wide sensor w/ f/1.75 aperture, OIS, EIS
- 8Mp ultra-wide sensor w/ 119° FoV
- 5Mp depth sensor w/ f/2.4 aperture
- 2Mp macro sensor w/ f/2.4 aperture
- Dual-LED flash
- 5G support (Indian band: N78, European bands: N1,3,7,28,78)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Bluetooth 5.1
- WiFi 2x2 MIMO
- Physical alert slide
- Linear vibration motor
- 4115mAh battery
- 'Warp Charge 30T' 30W fast charging
- 184 grams
- OxygenOS 10.5 (atop Android 10)
- Colours: Marble Blue, Gray Onyx
What does the OnePlus Nord look like?
While the design of the OnePlus Nord was one of the many aspects of the phone that was heavily teased ahead of its unveiling, following launch, Tech Advisor has given the phone the full review treatment, to give you greater insight in what it brings to the table.
You can also watch our video unboxing and first-look at the OnePlus Nord below:
Read next: OnePlus Nord review