Amazon Prime Day arrives on 21 June, but to get access to the huge deals event you will need to sign up to Amazon Prime.
A Prime membership costs £79/US$119 per year or £7.99/US$12.99 per month. For that price, members can enjoy exclusive deals and benefits throughout the year, like free unlimited one-day delivery, Prime Video, Prime Music, Amazon Pantry, the Kindle Owner's Lending Library, Prime Reading, and more.
Here's how to sign up for the free 30-day Amazon Prime trial.
How to sign up to Prime with Amazon Alexa
If you own an Echo device or a smart home speaker that runs Amazon Alexa, you can also sign up for Amazon Prime by simply saying "Alexa, sign me up for Prime".
How to sign up for Amazon Prime on desktop
- To sign up to Amazon Prime, head to Amazon's dedicated Prime sign up page. The first month is free, as a part of the 30-day free trial.
- On Amazon's sign-up page, click on 'Start your 30-Day Free Trial', which will then ask for your Amazon login details.
- If you don't already have an account, create one by clicking on any of the options in this list and selecting Create your Amazon account (as shown below):
- If you already have an account, and log in. You should immediately see a page that asks for your credit card and address information if it's not already stored with Amazon.
- If you're already a member and have your payment and address details saved, click on the option that says 'Try Prime' in the top right corner.
- You should see Amazon's Prime sign up-page again. Click on "Start your 30-Day free trial".
- Amazon will ask you to confirm your credit card information and billing address. If everything looks okay, click on "Try Prime FREE - pay later".
- You should now see a confirmation page welcoming you to Amazon Prime
How to sign up for Amazon Prime on mobile
Keep in mind, Amazon will charge you the Prime membership fee every month (or year) after the free trial ends, unless you cancel which you're allowed to do at any time.