Samsung's unveiled the Galaxy Z Flip 3 and the Z Fold 3 at its 11 August Galaxy Unpacked Event. Both handsets are now available to pre-order, along with the Galaxy Watch 4/Watch 4 Classic and the Galaxy Buds 2.
Here, we'll focus on how to pre-order from Samsung US and UK and break down its pre-order offers, where trading-in can save you up to $1,758/£600.
What are Samsung's Galaxy Z Fold 3 pre-order deals?
- US: Pre-orders include $200 instant credit ($100 towards 512GB Fold 3, and $100 towards accessories),
- US customers can trade-in up to 4 devices and get up to $900 "enhanced trade-in" on the 1st device
- UK: Pre-orders include free Starter Kit worth £79.99 (free S Pen, case, and 25W charger), up £600 off with trade-in with £250 trade-in bonus
- UK & US: Customers get 1 year of Samsung Care+ for free
Samsung has a few trade-in offers in the US and it can be a bit messy to understand just how it works and how much you can save.
What is the $200 instant credit?
In the US customers who pre-order now (or have already fast-tracked a pre-order) can get a $200 instant Samsung Credit – this isn't a $200 discount on the Fold 3 itself, however. The full amount can either be used towards accessories if you buy the 256GB Fold 3 or $100 of the credit can be used towards the 512GB Fold 3, leaving the rest for accessories.
Accessories include anything from the Buds 2, Watch4 series devices, S Pen Pro, phones cases or other Samsung devices (all of which have discounts)
How does Samsung's 'enhanced trade-in' work?
Samsung is offering up to $900 in 'enhanced trade-in credit' in the US. To clarify, this isn't a $900 bonus on top of the standard rate but $300 more than the standard $600 rate.
The added benefit is US customers can trade in up to four devices – up from the 2 devices during the early pre-reservation process. This means you could save hundreds more. Just be sure to add your most valuable device first, as the trade-in maximum decreases per device as follows:
- $900 on 1st device
- $600 on 2nd device
- $210 on 3rd device
- $48 on final device
In the UK, trade-ins can save customers up to £600 though it's restricted to one device.
Get 1 year of Samsung Care+ for free
Pre-orders also include an extra 12 months of Samsung Care+ insurance worth $155/£109. You'll have to add this service when you're buying the phone to get the offer. The service lasts for 3 years unless you cancel. This means, after the first free year you'll be charged $12.99/ month.
In the UK, you can opt for 1 year of free coverage and pay the full amount upfront.
What are Samsung's Galaxy Z Flip 3 pre-order deals?
- US: $150 instant credit and trade-in bonus of $100, $750 enhanced credit, free 12 months of Samsung Care+
- UK: Up to £550 off with trade-in and free 12 months of Samsung Care+
In the US, similar to the pre-order offer on the Fold 3, $50 of the $150 instant credit can be used towards the 256GB Flip 3 while the rest goes to accessories. The $750 trade-in bonus is also $150 higher than the usual $600 limit. Customers can trade in up to four devices and save up to $948. Here are the maximum trade-in amounts per device:
- $750 on 1st device
- $150 on 2nd device
- $30 on 3rd device
- $18 on final device
How to pre-order the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3/Z Fold 3
Head directly to the Samsung pages to start your pre-order:
- Pre-order Galaxy Z Fold 3 in the US
- Pre-order Galaxy Flip 3 in the US
- Pre-order Galaxy Z Fold 3 in the UK
- Pre-order Galaxy Z Flip 3 in the UK
As for payment, outside of the usual credit card, PayPal and Google Pay routes, US customers can also pay via the try now pay later service Affirm or through Samsung Financing. Similarly, UK customers can pay using Samsung Financing, Adyen or Klarna.
If you want to trade in an old device, you can choose from a phone, tablet, or wearable. Eligible brands vary depending on the device, but Samsung is allowing you to trade in up to four devices in the US which could save you a significant amount.
What devices can you trade in with Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3/Z Fold 3 pre-orders?
Here are all the devices Samsung will accept for trade-in:
- Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, Galaxy S21 Ultra
- Galaxy Z Fold2, Galaxy Z Flip, Galaxy Z Flip 5G, Galaxy Z Flip Thom Browne Edition
- Galaxy A21, Galaxy A20, Galaxy A11
- Galaxy Z Fold
- Galaxy Note 20 5G Ultra, Galaxy Note 20 5G
- Galaxy S20 Ultra, Galaxy S20+, Galaxy S20, S20 FE
- Galaxy Note 10 Plus, Galaxy Note 10 5G, Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Note 8
- Galaxy S10 Plus, Galaxy S10 5G, Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10e
- Galaxy S9 Plus, Galaxy S9
- Galaxy S8+, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8 Active
- Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 Active
- Galaxy A71, Galaxy A51 5G, Galaxy A51
- Tab S7+, Tab S7, Tab S6, Tab S5e, Tab S4, Tab S3
- Galaxy Book 12
- Tab A 10.1 with S pen, Tab A 10.5, Tab A 10.1, Tab A 9.7, Tab A 8.0
- Tab S2 9.7, Tab S2 8.0
- iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11
- iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone X, iPhone XR
- iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8
- iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7
- iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 6S
- iPad Pro 12.9, iPad Pro 11, iPad Pro 10.5, iPad Pro 9.7
- iPad 9.7
- iPad air 2, iPad air
- Watch Series 5
- Watch Series 4
- Watch Series 3
- Surface Pro i7, Surface Pro 6, Surface Pro i5
- Surface Go
Google Pixel phones
- Pixel 5,
- Pixel 4 XL, Pixel 4,
- Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3
- Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 2
- LG G7 ThinQ, LG G8, LG G8X ThinQ
- LG K51
- LG Stylo 6
- LG V30, LG V35, LG V40
- LG V50 ThinQ, LG V60 ThinQ, LG V60 ThinQ 5G
- LG Velvet 5G
- LG Wing 5G
- Moto Razr 5G
- Moto Edge+
- Moto G 5G Plus, Moto G7, Moto G7 Power
- Moto Razr
- Moto Z3, Moto Z3 Play, Moto Z4