EE has now added Netflix’s Basic plan to its Smart Benefits, which means that both new and upgrading customers on mobile plans can stream Netflix entirely for free.
Available to Android customers only, the Smart Benefit is a bonus for those either on Smart Plans or Full Works Plans. Other Smart Benefits include BT Sport Ultimate, Apple Music, a Video Data Pass and Roam Abroad. You can read more about EE’s Android Smart Benefits here.
Netflix's Basic plan usually costs £5.99 per month and includes only SD (standard definition) content with no simultaneous streams. You can upgrade to either Netflix Standard or Netflix Premium for £4 extra or £8 extra per month respectively. If you’d like to know what differences these make, take a look at our guide to Netflix plans.
How to get Netflix for free on EE
Here’s what you need to do to claim Netflix for free on an EE plan:
- Either purchase an Android or a SIM-only plan that includes at least one Smart Benefit from EE (Smart Plan or Full Works Plan)
- You can be a new or upgrading customer
- Once the plan is bought, you’ll get texts from EE and Netflix with a link to set up your account
- Ensure you set this up within seven days of receiving the link, as otherwise it will expire
- If you’re a new Netflix customer, you can use any email address
- If you’re an existing Netflix customer, use the same email address and your bill will be switched over to EE for payment
- If you pay for Netflix through another third-party provider, please cancel this to avoid being charged twice
- Choose which plan you want – Basic doesn’t cost anything
- You can cancel your EE Smart Benefit for Netflix either through the My EE website or the My EE app
If you used to have your bank details registered for Netflix, you may continue to be charged – the only way to fully cancel is to end your subscription on the Netflix website.
US readers can also see how to get Apple TV+ for free on T-Mobile.