Last year QuakeCon went digital, and while you might have hoped that 2021 would see a return to a physical event, I'm afraid you'd better lower those hopes right now, as QuakeCon 2021 is all-digital all over again - but that doesn't mean there isn't a lot to look forward to as it runs over the next few days.
Bethesda’s annual celebration of its games - initially Quake of course, but now with a bigger focus on the likes of DOOM, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and more - always features a host of tournaments, giveaways, livestreams, and game reveals.
Last year the company had plenty to announce at the show, so we're hoping for a similarly big spectacle when it kicks off today.
When is QuakeCon 2021?
QuakeCon will take place in August as usual, running from 19-21 August - though all of the panels with major announcements are expected to take place on the first day.
The show will kick off officially with a welcome address today (19 August) at 7pm BST/2pm ET/11am PT but we've added the full schedule below.
How to watch QuakeCon 2021 online
Since QuakeCon is taking place online that means you’ll be able to watch absolutely everything from home if you’re so inclined.
What to expect from QuakeCon this year
Bethesda has promised that QuakeCon will include "special influencer streams, Bethesda’s own Community teams from across the world, developer appearances, and game updates," with a full schedule on the way between now and the event.
Of course the main draw for many will always be game announcements, trailers, and gameplay footage from upcoming titles.
The biggest panels on the schedule are all on day one, and are devoted to a Deathloop deep dive, and looks at what's upcoming for DOOM Eternal, Fallout 76, and Elder Scrolls Online. There are also big retrospectives devoted to Quake and Skyrim.
One big disappointment is that there's no sign of a dedicated panel for Ghostwire: Tokyo, Starfield, or Elder Scrolls 6 - so while we may get a new trailer or two for some of these dotted about the show, it's unlikely that we'll find out a lot more about what to expect from them.
This will also be the first QuakeCon since Bethesda was bought by Microsoft, so expect to hear about a few Xbox-exclusives, or new DLC or offers tied to Microsoft platforms.
To make the most of the occasion there'll be discounts on Bethesda titles including Fallout 76, DOOM Eternal, and Dishonored: Death of the Outsider across most digital storefronts. There will be giveaways throughout the weekend too, with prizes including an Alienware monitor, Razer goodies, Noblechairs seats, and a full custom QuakeCon PC from NZXT.
There are also a few exclusive in-game goodies to grab:
- DOOM Eternal QuakeCon Slayer Skin – DOOM Eternal players can access a free in-game QuakeCon Slayer Skin, icon, and player badge across all platforms. Available from August 19 – September 2.
- Fans who have their ESO and Twitch accounts linked through account.elderscrollsonline.com and watch for the minimum required time (15 minutes) during any of the ESO streams will receive a Twitch Drop containing one Ouroboros Crown Crate and one Flame Atronach Pack Wolf pet.
- Log in to Quake Champions during QuakeCon and receive this year’s exclusive QuakeCon 2021 Gauntlet weapon skin, profile icon, and nameplate! Available until August 23.
The event will also feature multiple chances to support Bethesda's charity partners, including donations through Twitch. Supported charities include including Asian Americans Advancing Justice (AAJC), NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, The Trevor Project, and UNICEF.
Here's everything happening in the main track at QuakeCon this year, in order - though you may prefer to use Bethesda's interactive schedule on the official site for more details on the community, Discord, and Quake Pro League events that are also taking place.
Thursday, Aug 19
- Welcome to QuakeCon 2021 with Pete Hines & Erin Losi: 2 p.m. ET
- Celebrating 25 Years of Quake with id Software and Machine Games: 2:05 p.m. ET – Kevin Cloud and Marty Stratton from id Software and Jerk Gustafsson from MachineGames discuss the impact and legacy of the original Quake on its 25th anniversary.
- Deep Dive into DEATHLOOP with Arkane Lyon: 2:30 p.m. ET – Arkane Lyon gets fans … looped in … on the details of the upcoming PlayStation 5 console exclusive DEATHLOOP, including a special discussion about multiplayer.
- Fallout 76: Making Appalachia Your Own with Fallout Worlds: 3 p.m. ET – Join members of the Fallout 76 development team as they discuss how the game is evolving and take an in-depth look at our upcoming Fallout Worlds Update.
- Inside the Award-Winning The Elder Scrolls Online with ZeniMax Online Studios: 3:30 p.m. ET – Matt Firor and Rich Lambert take fans inside ESO and discuss the great additions to the game and what new players can expect from the award-winning MMO.
- Reliving the Opening of Skyrim with the Creators from BGS: 4 p.m. ET – Hey you! You’re finally awake. Celebrate Skyrim’s 10th Anniversary and watch the opening moments of Skyrim as the creators discuss insider stories and relive memories from development.
- DOOM Eternal Studio Update with Marty and Hugo: 4:30 p.m. ET – id Software’s Marty Stratton and Hugo Martin bring fans up-to-date on everything happening with DOOM Eternal.
- ANZ – Fallout 76 End-Game Guide: 11 p.m. ET
- ANZ – Fallout 76 – Playing with UFC Middleweight Rob Whittaker: 12:30 a.m. ET
Friday, Aug 20
- UK – Fallout 76 – UK Stream Team Build-a-Thon: 9:30 a.m. ET
- UK – Let’s Talk Quake with Digital Foundry: 10:45 a.m. ET
- DEATHLOOP Meets its Makers: 2:15 p.m. ET
- WeRateDog’s Matt Nelson and Pete Hines Rate Dogs & More: 3:30 p.m. ET
- Code Orange vs Quake Music Video Debut: 4:15 p.m. ET
- Alienware – Fundraising and Raising Heck with Anna Maree: 5 p.m. ET
- The Elder Scrolls Online – Dungeon Speed Run Competition: 6:30 p.m. ET
- Exclusive Musical Performance by Trivium: 8 p.m. ET
- Skyrim – 10th Anniversary Interactive Fun Run with Gus Johnson : 9:00 p.m. ET
- ANZ – The Elder Scrolls Online – Mates of Oblivion Dungeon Runs: 12:30 a.m. ET
- ANZ – The Elder Scrolls Online – MissMollyMakes An Epic Banquet: 1:45 a.m. ET
Saturday, Aug 21
- UK – DOOM Eternal - ‘Prayer vs Slayer’: 9:30 a.m. ET
- UK – ESO - Through Flames of Ambition with the UK Stream Team: 10:45 a.m. ET
- DOOM Eternal BATTLEMODE Community Bonanza!: 2:15 p.m. ET
- Fallout 76 – C.A.M.P. Love It or Nuke It: 3:30 p.m. ET
- Quake World Championship Grand Finals: 4:45 p.m. ET
- The Elder Scrolls Online – Live Art Creation: 6:30 p.m. ET