Paramount Plus – the rebrand of the streaming service CBS All Access – is now available in the US, Canada and Latin America. It hosts all the content on the former streaming service, as well as exclusive originals and theatrical film releases from Paramount just over a month after their initial cinematic debut.
Paramount+ will eventually be coming to the UK via Sky, but this won't be until 2022. Fortunately, it is still possible to watch the service here in the UK - read on to find out more. You can also check out our full guide to Paramount Plus.
How to watch Paramount Plus in the UK
In order to sign up to Paramount Plus, you’ll need a VPN. This stands for virtual private network, and basically re-routes your IP address so you can browse the internet as if you’re based in another country. For watching Paramount Plus, you’ll need to connect to a US-based server.
There’s lots of VPN providers to choose from but based on our testing NordVPN and Surfshark have the best performance and most competitive pricing. However, you can check out further paid VPN providers, as well as free VPN options - though these will likely not have enough servers to access the site successfully.
After you’ve downloaded your VPN of choice, you then have to overcome another hurdle – payment options. Currently Paramount Plus only accepts cards that are tied to US bank accounts.
You can get round the payment issue through purchasing a digital gift card. Here’s what you need to do:
- Connect to a US server on your chosen VPN
- Purchase an online gift card from an online retailer such as Walmart (you can find other options here). $25 is the minimum, which will get you nearly four months worth of ad-supported viewing. You may also need to get a US address and phone number to sign up, but you can get hold of those for free online. Note that these are still listed as 'CBS All Access gift cards' at the moment
- Go to the Paramount Plus homepage and sign up for an account with an email address, password and any US Zip Code - but don’t enter any payment information on the next page
- Go to the Paramount Plus gift card page and input the pin on your email gift receipt
- Choose the subscription plan you want to sign up for
You should now be able to watch Paramount Plus.