Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have recorded an interview with renowned TV presenter, Oprah Winfrey, which is due to air soon. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will discuss their decision to take a step back from the royal family and the harassment that they faced from the British tabloids.
The interview will air first in the US on CBS – but if you want to tune in from the UK then we have everything you need to know.
Watch the Harry and Meghan interview on ITV
The easiest and cheapest way to tune into the Harry and Meghan interview with Oprah is to watch it on ITV1. The interview will broadcast on this channel on Monday 8 March at 9pm and last for around two hours. If you don’t have access to broadcast TV or miss it, you can catch up on the ITV Hub.
Keep in mind that this is the day after it airs on CBS in the US, so you may already get a peak at what’s to come in the papers and on social media.
If you want to avoid that and tune in live as it airs from the UK, then there is a way.
Watch the Harry and Meghan interview via Paramount Plus
Paramount Plus (Paramount+) is the recently rebranded version of CBS All Access, the streaming platform for CBS. If you have an account with Paramount Plus, you can tune into CBS live on Sunday 7 March at 8pm ET – which is 1am GMT (technically 8 March in the UK).
However, signing up for a Paramount+ account in the UK is tricky. First of all, you need a VPN, which stands for Virtual Private Network. Using a VPN means that you can connect to servers which allow you to browse the internet as if you’re in another country. For streaming CBS, this would be the US.
There’s lots of VPN options to choose from, but based on our testing we’ve found both NordVPN and ExpressVPN to be the most competitive and have the best performance. However, you can take a look at further options in our list of the best VPNs.
Once you’ve downloaded your VPN of choice on your device, you then have another hurdle with billing. Paramount Plus only accepts payment options that are tied to a US bank account. If you don’t have this, then there is a way round using gift cards – but it’s a little convoluted and will cost you more than if you watched on ITV.
Note that also you’ll have to sign up to the premium version of Paramount+ to watch the interview live, which costs US$9.99 per month.
If you’d still like to know how to watch the Harry & Meghan interview on Paramount Plus in the UK, take a look at our method below:
- Connect to a US server on your chosen VPN
- Purchase an online gift card from an online retailer such as Walmart (you can find other options here). $25 is the minimum, which will get you nearly two months worth of ad-free viewing. You will also need to get a US address and phone number to sign up, but you can get hold of those for free online. Note that these are still listed as 'CBS All Access gift cards' at the moment
- Go to the Paramount Plus homepage and sign up for an account with an email address, password and any US Zip Code - but don’t enter any payment information on the next page
- Go to the Paramount Plus gift card page and input the pin on your email gift receipt
- Choose the subscription plan you want to sign up for - to watch the interview live you should select 'Commercial Free'
You should now be able to watch Paramount Plus.