Streaming subscriptions can add up quickly, and if you want to cut costs you may be thinking about cancelling your BritBox plan.
At the time of writing, BritBox costs £5.99/US$6.99 per month on a rolling contract, or £59.99/$69.99 per year for an annual pass. Both the UK and US sites offer a seven-day free trial for new customers. You can sign up over on the BritBox website.
How to cancel BritBox on your PC
If you signed up for a BritBox account directly through the website, then all you need to do is sign in to your account on a PC/laptop and take the following steps:
- Hover over the profile icon and select ‘Account’
- Under ‘Subscription & billing’, select ‘Manage'
- Underneath your card details, select ‘Cancel subscription’
- When asking for confirmation, select ‘Yes, cancel’
- If any incentive offers come up, select ‘No, complete cancellation’
- Enter your BritBox password to confirm your choice
- Your subscription will now be cancelled. If you’re on a free trial or still have some time left before your billing cycle ends, this page will let you know
How to cancel BritBox via your TV provider
Some TV companies such as BT offer BritBox through your package. If you want to cancel BritBox, you’ll have to call up/message your provider and cancel manually through them – but check your provider’s homepage first to see if you can cancel it another way.