Alexa is always learning new stuff. Just recently, she learned a lot of new regional words for the many dialects in the UK with the help of Susie Dent, so ask her “Alexa, what are regional words for nonsense?” and she'll tell you a bunch of them. You might even learn some you didn't know.
But Amazon has also given her funny responses to many questions. You'll find a list over more than 100 below (we stopped counting).
What to ask Alexa about Star Wars
- Alexa, when is Star Wars Day?
- Alexa, May the fourth be with you
- Alexa, do you like Star Wars?
- Alexa, who is the best Jedi?
- Alexa, aren’t you a little short for a storm trooper?
- Alexa, what’s the Jedi code?
- Alexa, I am your father
- Alexa, there is no try
- Alexa, tell me a princess Leia Quote
- Alexa, May the Force be with you
- Alexa, what order should I watch Star Wars in?
- Alexa, who is Luke Skywalker’s father?
- Alexa, tell me a Star Wars joke
- Alexa, tell me a Star Wars quote
- Alexa, these aren't the droids you're looking for
- Alexa, that's no moon
- Alexa, admiral, it's a trap
- Alexa, talk like Chewbacca
- Alexa, talk like Darth Vader
- Alexa, talk like Jabba the Hut
- Alexa, talk like Princess Leia
- Alexa, talk like Yoda
- Alexa, talk like Han Solo
- Alexa, talk like R2-D2
- Alexa, talk like Jar Jar Binks
- Alexa, talk like C-3PO
- Alexa, talk like Luke Skywalker
- Alexa, use the Force
For Star Wars Day, Otterbox has launched a new accessory for the latest Echo Dot (and the model with a clock). It makes your Dot look like Grogu from The Mandalorian and has been made for Amazon by Otterbox as part of the Den Series. You can pre-order the stand from 4 May and it goes on sale 10 June 2021 for £24.99.
(If you have an Echo Dot 3, Otterbox also makes the same stand for that model too. Get it here.)
What weird things can you ask Alexa?
- Alexa, enable teenage mode
- Alexa, get me a beer
- Alexa, are you a robot?
- Alexa, what are the three laws of robotics?
- Alexa, knock knock
- Alexa, do you know Siri?
- Alexa, do you smoke?
- Alexa, tell me a joke
- Alexa, why did the chicken cross the road?
- Alexa, do a barrel roll
- Alexa, which came first: chicken or egg?
- Alexa, I want the truth
- Alexa, what’s the magic word?
- Alexa, give me a random number between 1 and 10
- Alexa, flip a coin
- Alexa, roll a dice
If you like games, check out these 14 fun games to play with Alexa
- Alexa, cry like a baby
- Alexa, fart
- Alexa, throw up
- Alexa, can you bark?
- Alexa, burp
- Alexa, meow
- Alexa, what happens if you step on Lego?
- Alexa, are you a nerd?
- Alexa, sing me a song
- Alexa, can you sing in auto-tune?
- Alexa, can you do a rap?
- Alexa, what sound does a hamster make?
- Alexa, rock, paper, scissors
- Alexa, how can I get rid of a dead body?
- Alexa, flatter me
- Alexa, where are my keys? (you need to ask this twice)
- Alexa, where do you live?
- Alexa, what’s your favourite colour?
- Alexa, are you blue?
- Alexa, will you marry me?
- Alexa, what are you wearing?
- Alexa, do you sleep?
- Alexa, how old are you?
- Alexa, give me a kiss
- Alexa, tell me a secret
- Alexa, do you believe in ghosts?
- Alexa, do aliens exist?
- Alexa, is there life on mars?
- Alexa, is there a santa?
- Alexa, what is the meaning of life?
- Alexa, testing 1, 2, 3
- Alexa, see you later
- Alexa, high five
- Alexa, clap
- Alexa, winter is coming
- Alexa, I am your father
- Alexa, use the force
- Alexa, beam me up
- Alexa, open the pod bay doors
- Alexa, are you skynet?
- Alexa, who you gonna call?
- Alexa, what’s the first rule of fight club?
- Alexa, Marco!
- Alexa, say something in Klingon
What to ask Alexa at Easter
- Alexa, how many days until Easter?
- Alexa, do the Easter rap
- Alexa, is the Easter Bunny real?
- Alexa, pretend to be a chicken...
- Alexa, what's your favourite Easter egg?
- Alexa, how do you make hot cross buns?
- Alexa, open Easter Would you Rather....
- Alexa, open Easter quiz...
- Alexa, open egg hiding game
- Alexa, open Easter facts
- Alexa, open Easter bunny
Arrrrlexa's pirate sayings
All you need to do is to say, "Alexa, talk like a pirate."
- Avast, ye scurvy curs! Or ye will be paying a visit to Davy Jones’ Locker.
- Arrr! Batten down the hatches, furl the sails! Draw sabres! These scallywags be shark bait.
- Fifteen men on the dead man's chest... yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!
- Gor blimey! The ship be bilged on her anchor. Heave ho, mateys!
- Arrr! Ask me for one more fart joke and I’ll make ye walk the plank!
Brilliantly, if you ask Alexa "Tell me a yo mamma joke" she will respond not with something rude but instead an encouraging and uplifting statement about how great your mother is. And as with the others, there are multiple responses, so asking again will prompt a different answer.
You can get Alexa to tell you personalised jokes using Roasts Skill Blueprint. Via the website, you can customise 22 templated Skills and make your friends and family laugh. Here's how to create a skill with Blueprints.
Finally, although not a funny response, if you ask her to turn the volume up to 11 she will set it to maximum: a reference to the film Spinal Tap.