Microsoft launched the ultra-portable Surface Go 3 at its September 2021 event, with the 2-in-1 on sale in the UK and US a month later.
With a 10.5in display and detachable keyboard, the Surface Go 3 is the smallest and lightest device that runs Windows 11 – making it a great choice for students or anyone who wants productivity on the, well, go.
For the latest generation, Microsoft revved up the processing power with the addition of a 10th-gen Intel Core i3 chip on top-spec models. The upgrade supposedly makes the device 60% faster than its Pentium Gold-powered predecessor, although there are no direct comparisons with the Core M3 chip from high-end models.
The entry-level Surface Go 3 is £30 cheaper than the Go 2 at launch, although it it can still get expensive. But with regular discounts in the UK and US, the device can still represent good value for money if you know where to look.
Best Microsoft Surface Go 3 deals
As usual, Microsoft is selling its latest Surface products at a variety of different retailers. Here's where to buy the Go 3 in the UK and US:
- Microsoft Store - from £359, up to £54 off, all in stock
- Amazon - from £369, up to £46.67 off, all in stock except 4G models
- Currys - from £369, no discounts, all in stock except 4G models
- Argos - from £369, no discounts except on Type Cover bundle (£468.99), all in stock except 4G models
- John Lewis - from £369, no discounts, all in stock except 4G models
- Very - from £429, up to £50 off, only Pentium Gold models bundled with Type Cover available
- Laptops Direct - from £364.97, up to £4.03 off, all in stock except 4G models but some prices inflated
- Microsoft Store - from $399.99, no discounts, all in stock except Pentium Gold LTE model
- Amazon - from $399.99, up to $80 off, all in stock except Pentium Gold LTE model
- Best Buy - from $399.99, up to $54.99 off, all in stock except LTE models
- BH Photo Video - from $399.99, up to $30 off, all in stock except Pentium Gold LTE model
- Walmart - from $469.99, up to $80 off, entry-level and LTE models out of stock
- Staples - from $549.99, no discounts, only two most powerful models in stock (WiFi-only)
- Target - from $549.99, no discounts, only two most powerful models in stock (WiFi-only)
Best Microsoft Surface Go 3 prices right now
This article is regularly updated, but even more up-to-date information can be found below:
How much did the Microsoft Surface Go 3 cost at launch?
The Surface Go devices are available in three configurations and price-points:
- 4GB RAM/64GB storage with Intel Pentium 6500Y processor - £369.99/$399.99
- 8GB RAM/128GB storage with Intel Pentium 6500Y processor - £499.99/$549.99
- 8GB RAM/128GB storage with Intel Core i3 processor - £569/$629.99
The entry-level option with 4GB RAM/64GB is £30 cheaper than entry-level Go 2, which cost £399 in UK. US pricing has remained the same at $399.99.
Microsoft is still selling the Type Cover separately, with prices starting at £99.99/$99.99 if you buy as a bundle. Otherwise, it'll cost you £124.99/$129.99.
Read up on everything there is to know about the Surface Go 3, including all the specs, in our dedicated coverage. We also have a full review, with a 7/10 rating good enough for third in our best Surface chart.
The Surface Go 3 launched alongside the Surface Pro 8, Surface Pro X (2021), Surface Duo 2, and a brand new Surface Laptop Studio. We're separately looking at the best deals on the Surface Pro 8 and Surface Duo 2.