Motorola unveiled its latest flagship Edge 20 range at its 29 July launch event. The new series includes budget Edge 20 Lite, midrange Edge 20, and premium Edge 20 Pro – all of which offer 5G connectivity.
While chipsets and certain features (and, accordingly, prices) set the phones apart, they do share 6.7in OLED displays, a high refresh rate (up to 144Hz) and HDR10+. The phones also support the full DCI-P3 colour space, 10-bit colour, 30W fast charging (on batteries up to 5000mAh), and Motorola's 'Ready For' feature for seamless phone-to-desktop use. As for cameras, all three phones lead with 108Mp main sensors.
The Edge 20 phones went on sale globally on 19 August. On the same day, Motorola announced the Motorola Edge (2021) – a North American exclusive handset due to release on 2 September. No stranger to confusing naming conventions, the Edge (2021) is essentially a variant of the Edge 20 phones as an upgrade to the original Edge. There are few features that set it apart from the Edge 20 line, however, such as a 6.8in LCD display
Here, we'll focus on where to buy the phones and pricing in the UK, but if you want to deep dive into the specs across the three phones (and the Edge 2021), head to this handy article.
When do the Motorola Edge 20/20 Lite/20 Pro phones release?
The Edge 20 range went on 19 August in UK and Europe and on 5 August in China.
Customers in the UK can buy the phones from select retailers. To sweeten the pot, Motorola is offering a free Lenovo M10 Plus tablet worth £109 if you order before 15 October (more on this below).
The Edge (2021) released on 2 September in the US, with a Canadian launch expected later. The phone is available to pre-order now with US$200 off.
How much do the Motorola Edge 20/20 Lite/20 Pro phones cost?
Each phone is available in one storage and RAM configuration with prices as follows:
- Motorola Edge 20 Lite (8GB RAM/128GB storage) - £299.99 - available in Electric Graphite and Lagoon Green
- Motorola Edge 20 (8GB RAM/128GB storage) - £429.99 - available in Frosted Grey and Frosted White
- Motorola Edge 20 Pro (12GB RAM/256GB storage) - £649.99 - available in Midnight Blue and Blue Vegan Leather
In the US the Motorola Edge (2021) is available with 8GB RAM/256GB storage and costs $699, though is currently reduced to $499 as a pre-order deal.
Free Lenovo M10 Plus tablet with the Motorola Edge 20 Pro
Customers in the UK who buy the Edge 20 Pro by 15 October 2021 can get a free Lenovo M10 Plus tablet worth £109. Currently, the Edge 20 Pro is available to buy directly from Motorola, Lenovo, Carphone Warehouse and Vodafone, O2 and Mobiles.co.uk.
The M10 Plus stock is limited to 2,000 devices. These will be given away on a first come first serve basis, so you'll have to be quick.
Be sure to claim over at Motorola by 29 October so you don't miss out. You'll need to provide your full name, number address, IMEI, and proof of purchase with a dated receipt.
Where to buy the Motorola Edge 20 phones SIM-free
However, of the three retailers only Carphone Warehouse has all three phones listed and ready to buy (with next day delivery):
- Get the Motorola Edge 20 Lite SIM-free
- Get the Motorola Edge 20 SIM-free
- Get the Motorola Edge 20 Pro SIM-free
Amazon only has the Edge 20 Pro available.
Where to buy the Motorola Edge 20 phones on contract
Carphone Warehouse has all three phones listed and available to buy on contract too:
- Motorola Edge 20 Lite plans - starting at £19 per month for 2GB data (no upfront costs) on iD Mobile
- Motorola Edge 20 plans - starting at £23.99 per month, no upfront cost for 2GB data on iD Mobile
- Motorola Edge 20 Pro plans - starting at £32.99 per month, £9.99 upfront for 10GB data on iD Mobile
You can also buy the Edge 20 Pro and Edge 20 Lite from Vodafone on customizable Evo plan:
- Motorola Edge 20 Lite plans - starting at £22 per month, £19 upfront for 2GB data (36 months)
- Motorola Edge 20 Pro plans - starting at £29 per month, £29 upfront for 2GB data (36 months)
O2 has also listed its plans for the Edge 20 Pro with prices starting at £31.20 per month and £30 up front for 1GB data. Its current offer also slashes £20 off upfront costs. Customers can also customize plans and get data allowances anywhere from 5GB to unlimited data. 5GB plans or higher include free Disney+ or another streaming service of choice, while 30GB and higher includes six months of Apple Music and longer Disney+ trials.
All three phones are also listed on Mobiles.co.uk with plans available on Vodafone and iD Mobile.
- Motorola Edge 20 Lite plans - starting at £19 per month, no upfront cost, for 30GB data on iD
- Motorola Edge 20 plans - starting at £20 per month, no upfront cost, for 30GB data on Vodafone
- Motorola Edge 20 Pro plans - starting at £26 per month, £160 upfront, for 30GB data on Vodafone
We'll update this article with other retailers and networks as we see them, so keep your eyes peeled!