If you're hoping to splurge for a tricked-out Galaxy Z Fold 3 then you're in luck, spring is here and with it comes season deals from an array of retailers and networks.
Samsung launched its latest flagship folding phone in August last year, alongside the smaller Z Flip 3. The phones launched together with the Galaxy Watch 4 and Galaxy Buds 2; refreshing Samsung's mobile, audio and wearable lines for 2021.
The premium Galaxy Z Fold 3 benefitted from some cracking discounts last year, especially during Black Friday, but whether you're looking to buy SIM-free (unlocked) or on-contract, there are now some even more sizeable offers out there worth considering; the best of which, we've cherry-picked in this article.
How much does the Galaxy Z Fold 3 cost?
The Galaxy Z Fold 3 is available in the following configurations and price points across the UK, Europe, the US and India:
- 12GB RAM/256GB storage - £1,599/€1,799/$1,799.99/₹149,999
- 12GB RAM/512GB storage - £1,699/€1,999/$1,899.99/₹157,999
The Z Fold 3 is available in Phantom Black, Phantom Green and Phantom Silver.
Here's everything there is to know about the Z Fold 3, if you want to learn more about the handset's cameras, display and specs.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 deals
Save £400 in the UK
The best offer by far right now comes from Laptops Direct in the UK. You can save £300 on the 256GB model, getting it for a 'mere' £1,299 or, in strange twist, you can pick up a Z Fold 3 with twice the storage (512GB) for the same price, thanks to an even larger £400 reduction!
Save $400 in the US
US Samsung fans don't get left out in the cold either, with Amazon offering $400 off the 256GB variant, meaning the phone is priced at $1,399.99. There's also the option to grab the phone bundled with a pair of Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 for $440 off in total.
Where to buy the Galaxy Z Fold 3 SIM-free
Where to buy the Galaxy Z Fold 3 on contract
Currently, the biggest contract offers in the UK are boosting data allowances so you can get anywhere from 100GB to unlimited data with the handset. US contract deals are offering the phone upfront for free in some cases when you trade in your old device and sign up to an unlimited plan.
- EE - Select plans currently come with £10 off the upfront cost and £10 off the monthly cost. Some plans also come with a free Note Pack, which includes a Flip Case, S Pen and 25W fast charger
- O2 - Best plan: 30GB data for £70.98 per month, £50 upfront
- Sky Mobile - Best plan: Get 50GB data for £72 per month, £36 upfront
- Three - Best plan: Get unlimited data for £83 per month, £99 upfront
- Virgin - Get unlimited data for £72 per month, no upfront cost
- Vodafone - Plans start at £68 per month, with £49 upfront
- Affordable Mobiles - Best plan: 100GB data for £58 per month, £199.99 upfront
- Carphone Warehouse - Best plan: Unlimited data for £93 per month, £99 upfront
- Mobile Phones Direct Best plan: Unlimited data for £77 per month, £99 upfront
- Verizon - Get a $200 Verizon gift card
- AT&T - Unlimited data for $85 per month w/ HBO Max included
- US Cellular - Unlimited data for $49 per month w/ 2x Redbox movie nights
What's new in the Galaxy Z Fold 3?
With a focus on productivity, one of the biggest updates on the Z Fold 3 is S Pen support, which Samsung already offers on its Note and Galaxy Tab S tablet range. Now, customers can choose between the S Pen Fold Edition or S Pen Pro to use with the Z Fold 3. Both S Pens have special retractable tips designed to protect the screens from excessive force. Samsung is offering customers a free S Pen with purchase in some markets.
See our review, where it received 4/5 stars and a Tech Advisor Recommended badge.
Other productivity highlights on the Fold 3 include a new taskbar for faster and easier access to apps, and 'Flex mode', which allows users to multi-task across the two screens. Fold 3 owners can, for instance, use one half of the phone for video calls (with optimised support for the likes of Microsoft Teams) and the other half for notetaking.
There's greater durability too. Samsung promises the Fold 3 can withstand folding up to 200,000 times, while new IPX8 water resistance, an "Armour Aluminium" chassis – which Samsung claims is the strongest aluminium used on a phone – and a Gorilla Glass Victus display that's "80% more durable than previous devices", also join the list of durability upgrades.