If you're hoping to splash out and buy a tricked out Galaxy Z Fold 3 then you're in luck - the big Black Friday and Christmas sales seasons may be over, but the foldable phone is still on offer.
Samsung launched its latest flagship folding phone in August alongside the smaller Z Flip 3. The phones launched together with the Galaxy Watch 4 and Galaxy Buds 2, refreshing Samsung's mobile, audio and wearable lines for 2021.
Last year we saw dramatic discounts on the premium Galaxy Z Fold 3, which hit its lowest ever price on Black Friday and is still reduced (albeit by less) at some stores – all of which we're highlighting right here, whether you're looking to buy SIM-free (unlocked) or on contract.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 deals
Free Galaxy Watch 4 in the UK
Right now if you buy the Z Fold 3 direct from Samsung in the UK (or from most of the major networks, listed below), the company will throw in the excellent Galaxy Watch 4 entirely for free. You have to place your order before 1 February in order to qualify though, so this is one you'll want to jump on now and take advantage of the Watch 4's fitness features while that January motivation is still there.
In addition to the Watch 4, Samsung is still throwing in four free months of YouTube Premium, and a Starter Kit including a flip case, S Pen stylus, and 25W fast charger.
Galaxy Watch 4 for $99 in the US
The US Samsung store is offering a similar, if slightly less appealing, deal. US customers buying the Galaxy Z Fold 3 directly from Samsung can also get a free case along with the Galaxy Watch 4 for just $99 - a generous reduction on the $249 MSRP.
How much does the Galaxy Z Fold 3 cost?
The Galaxy Z Fold 3 is available in the following configurations and price points:
- 12GB RAM/256GB storage - £1,599/$1,799.99/₹1,49,999
- 12GB RAM/512GB storage - £1,699/$1,899.99/₹1,57,999
The phones are available in Phantom Black, Phantom Green, and Phantom Silver.
Here's everything there is to know about the Z Fold 3 if you want to learn more about the handset's cameras, display and specs.
Where to buy the Galaxy Z Fold 3 SIM-free
Where to buy the Galaxy Z Fold 3 on contract
Currently, the biggest contract offers in the UK are boosting data allowances so you can get anywhere from 100GB to unlimited data with the handset. US contract deals are offering the phone upfront for free in some cases when you trade in your old device and sign up to an unlimited plan.
- EE - Plans start from £85 per month, £100 upfront (10GB data)
- O2 - Best plan: 30GB data for £68.98 per month, £50 upfront
- Sky Mobile - Best plan: Get 60GB data for £73 per month, £12 upfront - claim an extra £250 with trade in
- Three - Best plan: Get 100GB data for £47.50 per month (first six months, then £95), £99 upfront
- Virgin - Plans start at £59 per month, no upfront cost
- Vodafone - Plans start at £57 per month with £49 upfront
- Affordable Mobiles - Best plan: 100GB data for £57 per month, £599 upfront
- Carphone Warehouse - Best plan: Unlimited data for £71 per month, £109 upfront
- Mobile Phones Direct Best plan: Unlimited data for £69 per month, £289.99 upfront
- Verizon - Save $200 with unlimited plan
- AT&T - Get up to $800 off and free Galaxy Buds 2 when you trade-in and sign up to an unlimited plan
- US Cellular - Trade in and sign up to unlimited plan to get phone for free
- T-Mobile - Get up to $1000 off when you trade in and join Magenta Max plan
What's new in the Galaxy Z Fold 3?
With a focus on productivity, one of the biggest updates on the Z Fold 3 is S Pen support, which Samsung already offers on its Note and Galaxy Tab S7 tablet range. Now, customers can choose between the S Pen Fold Edition or S Pen Pro to use with the Z Fold 3. Both S Pens have special retractable tips designed to protect the screens from excessive force. Samsung is offering customers a free S Pen with purchase.
See our review, where it received 4/5 stars and a Tech Advisor Recommended badge.
Other productivity highlights on the Fold 3 include a new Taskbar for faster and easier access to apps, and 'Flex mode', which allows users to multi-task across the two screens. Fold 3 owners can, for instance, use one half of the phone for video calls (with optimised support for Microsoft Teams) and the other half for notetaking.
There's greater durability too. Samsung promises the Fold 3 can withstand folding up to 200,000 times, while new IPX8 water resistance, an "Armour Aluminium" chassis – which Samsung claims is the strongest aluminium used on a phone – and a Gorilla Glass Victus display that's "80% more durable than previous devices", also join the list of durability upgrades.
If you missed the Galaxy Unpacked event, here's how to watch it again.