Microsoft launched a major upgrade to its Surface Pro line at its 22 September event in the Surface Pro 8. As of 5 October, the premium 2-in-1 is officially available to buy in the US.
UK customers will have to wait slightly longer for sales to begin, but can pre-order the Surface Pro 8 ahead of the late-October release date.
The Surface Pro 8 offers a variety of impressive upgrades including a larger 13in display with a 120Hz refresh rate and narrower bezels, a 16-hour battery life, new 11th-gen Intel Core i5-1135G7, and Core i7-1185G7 processors, and more powerful cameras. Here's everything there is to know about Microsoft's Surface Pro 8 if you want to dive into the specs.
See everything Microsoft announced at its September event.
Here we're taking a look at where you can buy the new Surface Pro 8, UK and US pricing, and any early bird deals if we spot any!
Release date: When does the Surface Pro 8 go on sale?
The Pro 8 is now available to buy in the US as of 5 October, while UK customers will have to wait until 28 October to get their hands on the new Surface Pro:
In India, the Pro 8 is expected in early 2022, though we can't see a solid date just yet.
Where to buy the Microsoft Surface Pro 8
The Microsoft Store is the most obvious place to pick up the new Surface Pro, but you can turn to other retailers in the UK and US:
We expect the following US retailers to offer the Surface Pro 8, as they all currently offer the Surface Pro 7:
- Best Buy - Includes a free Xbox controller (for Series X/S and One) and 3-month of Game Pass Ultimate
- Amazon US - available to pre-order, ships on 21 October
- BH Photo Video - available to pre-order
The following retailers currently sell the Surface Pro 7, so we'd suggest keeping an eye on them for Pro 8 stock:
We can see pre-order availability from a couple of retailers, but we're sure this will change as we move closer to the 28 October release date.
- Amazon - available to pre-order
- Currys PC World - listed, sign up for notification
- Harvey Norman (Ireland) - available to pre-order
- John Lewis
Related: Where to buy the new Surface Go 3
How much does the Surface Pro 8 cost?
The Surface Pro 8 is available in a variety of configurations with prices starting at £999/$1099.99.
Surface Pro 8 with Core i5 prices
- 8GB RAM + 128GB SSD - £999/$1099.99
- 8GB RAM + 256GB SSD - £1,099/$1,199.99
- 8GB RAM + 512GB SSD - £1,299/$1,399.99
- 16GB RAM + 256GB SSD - £1,299/$1,399.99
Surface Pro 8 with Core i7 prices
- 16GB RAM + 256GB SSD - £1,499/$1,599.99
- 16GB RAM + 512GB SSD - £1,779/$1,899.99
- 16GB RAM + 1TB SSD - £2,059/$2,199.99
- 32GB RAM + 1TB SSD - $2,599.99 (US only)
Microsoft has done away with the Core i3 entry-level model, bumping it up to the Core i5. The starting price also gets a £100/$100 bump compared to the equivalent Core i5 Surface Pro 7 model.
We're comparing all the best Surface devices if you want to see how the Surface Pro 8 may slot in with the rest of the pack. Plus, with the launch of the 8 Pro. prices on the 7 Pro are dropping significantly, catch up on the best Surface deals in our separate round-up.