The 4th of July is just days away, which means summer savings are blazing across top retailers like Walmart, Best Buy, Home Depot, and Lowes.
Whether you're looking for major discounts on a new Samsung Galaxy device, Apple iPhone, laptop, TV, or tablet there are plenty of deals around – if you know where to look.
Right now, you can save hundreds on Microsoft Surface devices not only from Microsoft but from other retailers as well. For instance, get $50 off a Surface Go 2 and Xbox Series S bundle (Type Cover included) from Target. Smart home fans can also save big on Google Nest devices from Kohl's, Costco, and Home Depot, while Best Buy is bundling a free Echo Dot 3 with its budget smart TVs.
We're seeing incredible Independence Day discounts on large home and kitchen appliances such as washing machines or dishwashers too. Samsung currently has a sale with $700 off its premium washers and dryer, while Lowe's has up to $750 off appliances.
While Amazon ended its Prime Day sale last Tuesday, you can still get exclusive Prime discounts over at the Amazon-owned site Woot which has deals on until 1 July.
So while you get the fireworks, flags, and fun ready, we can take care of the deals hunting.
Best Fourth of July Sales right now - Quick links & highlights
- Amazon: Summer Sale across fashion, outdoor cooking, and more
- B&H Photo Video: Mega Deal Zone sale with $180 off Microsoft Surface Pro 7, $100 off iPad 11 Pro (2020), and more
- Best Buy: 4th of July Appliance Sale, Free Echo Dot with Fire TVs
- Costco: $70 off Google Nest Wifi Router (4-pack), $50 off Google Nest Learning Thermostat
- Decluttr: Up to $75 off iPhone, $50 off iMacs and MacBooks
- Home Depot: $80 off Nest Hello doorbell, Up to 33% off Samsung & LG fridges, 30% off Samsung washing machines & more
- Kmart: Big savings on 4K Smart TVs like $232 off 43in LG UHD 4K Smart TV
- Kohl's: Fitbit Ace 2 for $39.99, $80 off Google Nest Hello Video Doorbell, $50 off Google Nest Learning Thermostat, price matching Amazon on Echo devices
- Lenovo: Black Friday in July sale slashes up to $1,660 laptops, gaming laptops, and PC towers
- Lowe's: Up to $750 off major appliances, up to 50% smart home
- Microsoft Store: Up to $500 off select PCs and Up to $300 off Surface Pro X
- Samsung: $50 off Galaxy Buds+, Up to $700 off washers and dryers, 35% off Jet Cordless Stick Vacuum and Clean Station bundles, $350 off Cube Smart Air Purifier - see the full sale
- Sears: $80 off Nintendo Switch Animal Crossing New Horizons Edition bundle
- Staples: $130 off laptops with $100 off Surface Laptop Go, $70 off Asus VivoBook 15
- Target: $50 Xbox Series + Microsoft Surface Go 2, discounts on large TVs, $50 off Powerbeats Pro - see all offers
- Walmart: iPhone SE for $199 with Straight Talk, $100 off iPhone 11, Up to $20 off Roku streaming, TCL 32in Smart TV for $199.99 ($50 off)
- Woot: Summer Sale discounts on refurbished devices, remaining Prime Day offers exclusive to members
Best Fourth of July/Independence Day Deals 2021
1. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 (4GB RAM/128GB storage) + Type Cover
From: Best Buy
Now: $699 ($260 off)
Pick up the latest Surface Pro 2-in-1 tablet with a type cover with $260 off. Microsoft also has a 10% student discount
2. Apple iPhone 11 (64GB, Pre-Paid)
Now: $399 ($200 off)
Walmart has $200 off a prepaid iPhone 11 on Straight Talk.
3. Apple Back to School Sale
From: Apple Education Discount US
Now: Up to $100 off Mac, 20% off AppleCare+ (with free AirPods worth $159)
Apple's education pricing is available all year round. To be eligible, you just need to prove your status as a current or newly accepted university student, parent buying on behalf of a university student or member of teaching staff at any level. Here's what you need to know.
4. Samsung 11.6in Chromebook (4GB RAM/32GB storage)
Now: $129 ($170 off)
Pick up this Samsung Chromebook for under $200 from Walmart with free 2-day delivery.
5. Asus Vivobook 15
Now: $389.99 ($60 off)
This entry-level laptop from Asus gets an $60 discount from Staples. It's also eligible for free next day delivery.
6. Samsung Galaxy Book Flex 2 (Core i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD)
From: Best Buy
Now: $649.99 ($200 off)
The fabulous Galaxy Book Flex 2 received 4/5 stars in our review and a Recommended Badge. Our only grip was the price, but now with $200 off, it's an offer worth taking seriously.
7. Rosetta Stone: Lifetime Access to unlimited language
From: Rosetta Stone US
Now: $179 ($120 off)
Rosetta Stone's Back to School offer slashes $120 off the lifetime package for your choice of language.
8. Apple MacBook Air (2020, 512GB, M1)
From: Amazon US
Now: $1149 ($100 off)
Save $100 on the MacBook Air with the M1 chip from Amazon.
9. Insignia 32in HD Smart Fire TV with Free Echo Dot 3
From: Best Buy
Now: $169.99 ($30 off + $40 off Dot 3)
Best Buy's current deal bundles the 3rd-gen Echo Dot with various smart TVs which are all discounted. You can save $30 on this 65in 4K UHD Insignia Smart TV and also get a free Echo Dot. At 32in, this HD Smart TV is compact enough to fit any dorm room.
10. Lenovo 14in IdeaPad Flex 5 Notebook (12GB RAM, 512GB storage)
Now: $649.99 ($250 off)
Ignore Staple's price – this 2-in-1 Lenovo IdeaPad laptop with an incredible 12GB RAM and 512GB storage cost $899.99 from Lenovo, which means Staples' price saves you $250, Plus, with a Core i5 11th-gen processor, this laptop should be able to handle most things you throw at it.
11. Google Nest Mini (2nd generation)
Now: $32.99 ($16 off)
Walmart's price on the Google Nest Mini is down to $32.99, which cheaper than buying directly from Google or anywhere else.
12. Apple iPhone 11 (64GB, refurbished)
Now: $499 ($60 off)
Pick up a refurbished iPhone 11 in "Pristine condition" for just $479.99 – that's nearly $100 off from buying new. Decluttr also offers a 12-month warranty if you're not happy.
13. Apple iPad Pro 11in (Early 2020, 128GB)
Now: $659 ($140 off)
There's $140 off the 2020 iPad Pro right now from BH Photo Video. It's the best price across all US retailers right now.
14. TCL 32in Class 3-Series HD Roku Smart TV
Now: $188 ($61.99 off)
Pick up this TCL smart TV on a budget – it's currently $62 less than the original listed price.
How to get the best Fourth of July deals
Check delivery fees - As ever, don't forget to compare offers from retailers before purchasing, especially if there's an added premium for delivery. While special membership services like Amazon Prime and Walmart+ allow free next-day delivery, you do have to pay for them on a monthly (or annual) basis. Look out for free next-day delivery codes on-site or ensure you're eligible for free standard if there's a minimum order value before heading to checkout.
Sign up to newsletters for additional discounts - Many retailers offer additional discounts if you sign up for its newsletters – we've seen anywhere from 10-40% off. Signing up to newsletters offers an easy way to access exclusive voucher codes, early access to deals, or even perks like free next-day delivery. You can always unsubscribe after the 4th of July if you don't want to clutter up your inbox.
Go refurbished -You can save hundreds just by opting for refurbished instead. This bit of advice applies beyond Fourth of July sales, of course, but during this sales period like this one you're likely to see refurbished prices go even lower. Just makes sure that you buy the device from a trusted reseller and that there's a strong returns or repair warranty with your purchase. Decluttr for instance offers a 12-month warranty on all its refurbished tech.
Venture beyond the sale and into the clearance section - While the biggest and best deals might be in the sale, don't forget to check the clearance section for deals on slightly older tech or small but useful items, like phone cases, charging cables, or discounted video games. These come in handy if you need to meet a minimum order value for free delivery.
See reviews before you buy - A deal might shave a cool $100 off a tablet or laptop, but be sure the device will actually serve you well before you hit "Add to Cart". Are the specs up to scratch? Do you need a stronger graphics card for gaming? We've reviewed nearly every laptop you can think of, as well as smartphone. See all our reviews across every type of tech here.