Apple announced the iPad mini 6 alongside the new entry-level iPad, the Apple Watch Series 7 and the upgraded iPhone 13 range at Apple’s September 2021 Event, and it's a complete redesign of the small tablet we know and love.
While it still sports its signature small dimensions, the new iPad mini sports a design similar to that of the iPad Air, complete with a full-screen display, Apple’s A15 Bionic at its heart and even Touch ID embedded into the power button.
If you’re excited by the idea of a new iPad mini 6 and want to get your hands on one at the best price this May, look no further. We have all the best deals right here.
How much does the iPad mini 6 cost?
The iPad mini 6 has seen a massive redesign compared to its predecessor, so it’s not too much of a surprise to find out that Apple has increased the price of the range to reflect this.
While the 5th-gen iPad mini started at just £349/$399, the iPad mini 6 starts at £479/$499, representing a not-insignificant £130/$100 jump.
There’s also 5G connectivity to consider, which comes at an additional cost of £140/$150. Here’s a complete breakdown of the iPad mini 6 pricing model:
- iPad mini 6 (Wi-Fi, 64GB) - £479 / $499
- iPad mini 6 (Wi-Fi, 256GB) - £619 / $649
- iPad mini 6 (Wi-Fi + Cellular, 64GB) - £619 / $649
- iPad mini 6 (Wi-Fi + Cellular, 256GB) - £759 / $799
Where to buy the iPad mini 6 - best deals
Following the release of the iPad mini 6, the small-size tablet is now available to buy at most major retailers in the UK and the US - and a few even have money-saving deals.
Most retailers are price-matching each other in the UK, offering £15-20 off the entry-level Wi-Fi model and £20 off if you opt for cellular. There's also an impressive £150 off the cellular 64GB model at Amazon, though with a long 1-2 month delivery window.
Those in the US can look forward to a $100 discount across the new iPad range at Best Buy, as well as the ongoing $200 cashback deal when buying the cellular tablet from Apple itself.
- Amazon - £20 off (64GB, Wi-Fi) or £150 off (64GB, Cellular, 1-2 month delivery)
- AO - £20 off (256GB, Wi-Fi) or £20 off (64GB, Wi-Fi)
- KRCS - £10 off
- John Lewis - £20 off (64GB, Wi-Fi), extended two-year warranty
- Currys - £15 off (64GB, Wi-Fi) or £10 off (256GB, Wi-Fi)
- Apple - up to $200 cashback on cellular models
- Best Buy - $100 off all Wi-Fi and cellular models
- B&H Photo Video - $40 off (64GB, Wi-Fi), $50 off (64GB, cellular)
- Walmart - $40 off (64GB, Wi-Fi)
Best iPad mini 6 prices right now
We're also tracking the price of the iPad mini 6 in realtime, so if you see any deals below, you'd better move fast.
Where to buy the iPad mini 6 on contract - best deals
Offering optional cellular connectivity - up to 5G this time around - you’re also able to pick up the iPad mini 6 from a variety of UK and US network providers.
Here are all networks currently offering the iPad mini 6:
- Three - plans from £39 upfront, £47 per month with 100GB of data
- O2 - plans from £20 upfront, £19.50 per month with 3 months of Disney+ and 1GB of data
- Vodafone - plans from £30 upfront, £38 per month for 25GB data
- EE - plans from £50 upfront, £45 for month for 4GB data
It’s worth noting that customers in the US that purchase the cellular variant of iPad mini 6 from Apple will get a $200 pre-paid Mastercard when activating with T-Mobile/Sprint, or a $200 e-gift card when activating with Verizon.
If you still want to go down the contract route, the following networks offer the iPad mini 6: