Today at CES 2022, Nvidia unveiled the GeForce RTX 3050 GPU, expanding its line of Ampere architecture-based GPUs.
This entry-level GeForce RTX GPU is designed for 1080p gamers and comes with 8GB of GDDR6X memory and 2560 CUDA cores. The GPU also boasts 9 Shader cores, 18 RT cores and 73 Tensor cores.
This new GPU offers gamers the chance to play the latest AAA games such as Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy and Doom Eternal at 60fps, something that older GPUs such as the GTX 1650 and the GTX 1050 Ti would struggle to do.
Pricing starts at $249, though with the recent GPU shortages there’s a chance that it could retail for a little more than that. The GeForce RTX 3050 GPU will hit shelves in just a few weeks’ time, on 27 January 2022, a little over a week after AMD’s competing
RX 6500 XT.
To get your hands on the GPU, head on over to the
Nvidia Partner website to find one local to you.
Alongside this, Nvidia also unveiled the highly-rumoured
RTX 3090 Ti BF GPU. This will come with 40 Shader cores, 78 RT cores, 320 Tensor cores and 24GB of 21GB/s G6X memory, the fastest ever seen from Nvidia.
The company will host another live stream next month dedicated entirely to the TX 3090 Ti BF GPU.
Nvidia also revealed a list of 10 new RTX games, with support for GPU-accelerated ray tracing and/or NVIDIA DLSS gaming technologies. These new features will provide more realistic graphics for gamers, immersing players even further.
Here’s what games now support these features:
- The Anacrusis (DLSS)
- The Day Before (DLSS, ray-traced reflections, ambient occlusion, and NVIDIA RTX Global Illumination)
- Escape from Tarkov (DLSS)
- HITMAN III (DLSS)
- Midnight Ghost Hunt beta (DLSS)
- Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis (DLSS)
- Rainbow Six Extraction (DLSS)
- Ratten Reich (NVIDIA DLSS and ray-traced reflections, shadows, and NVIDIA RTX Global Illumination)
- SUPER PEOPLE (DLSS, NVIDIA RTX Global Illumination)
- Voidtrain (DLSS, ray-traced reflections, global illumination, and ambient occlusion)
Nvidia also announced the new
RTX 3070 Ti & RTX 3080 Ti GPUs for its range of laptops, and they weren’t the only company to announce new GPU news at CES. AMD also revealed the laptop-focused
Radeon RX 6000S and 6000M GPUs.
If you’d like to know more about what this hardware does, you can read up on our