Do you want to surprise your friends, family and acquaintances with a funny greeting for their birthday? Well, we’ve got a selection for you that can share with them just in a WhatsApp chat or even as your status for the day. Of course, these messages aren’t exclusively for WhatsApp: you can use them on any social network: Instagram, Facebook – whatever your friends use.
Funny Whatsapp sayings for people’s birthdays
Just copy and paste the following sayings and greetings, or maybe create your own based on them if one inspires you but isn’t quite right for the friend you have in mind. You can then share this directly in a WhatsApp chat and garnish it with some suitable emojis.
- I hope you celebrate your birthday the way you were born: naked and screaming!
- You know you’re old when the candles on the cake cost more than the cake itself! (Bob Hope)
- You only live once! But if you do it right, that’s enough. All the best!
- Happy Birthday! From now on it’s easier … because it’s only going downhill!
- If someone calls you old, hit them with your stick and throw your teeth after them! Happy Birthday!
- A little piece of wisdom for your birthday: smile while you still have teeth.
- Many Happy Returns! The good news is you are not as old now as you will be next year.
- When a man forgets his wife’s birthday, he just hasn’t realised that she has gotten older!
- I’m not getting older, my year is just getting better
- Congratulations, you’ve reached the metal age: GOLD in your teeth, SILVER in your hair and LEAD in your feet!
- It took you so many years to reach this perfection. Congratulations, today it’s finally done!
- Happy Birthday! The secret of eternal youth: lying about your true age
- Happy Birthday! You still look the same as you did 10 years ago… apart from the many wrinkles and the grey hair. But otherwise great!
- For a belated birthday: “It’s hard to think about your birthday when you look just as good every year as you did the year before! Happy belated birthday!”
Can you think of any other witty phrases for birthdays? Tell us on Twitter and maybe we will include yours here.
This article originally appeared on
PCWelt. Translation by Jim Martin
Related articles for further reading