So, you’re one of the lucky people that have managed to get their hands on a shiny new PS5 despite the stock shortages – congratulations! The PS5 offers an upgraded gameplay experience, boasting not only improved framerates and resolutions but detailed textures and advanced features like ray-tracing technology too, making it the ideal console for streaming games to Twitch.
Like the PS4 before it, the PS5 has built-in support for streaming, allowing you to ditch the capture card and dedicated PC to run your Twitch stream – you can do it all from the comfort of your PlayStation. It’s fairly easy to do too, you just need to make sure you’ve got everything set up properly beforehand, but don’t fret, that’s where we come in. Here’s how to stream on Twitch from your PS5.
Setting up Twitch integration
The first step in streaming on Twitch from your PS5 is to, of course, link your PlayStation account with Twitch, allowing you to stream directly from the PS5 to Twitch without the need for open broadcast software and dedicated capture hardware.
- On the PS5 Home menu, head to Settings (the cog icon in the top-right) > Users and Accounts > Link with Other Services.
- Select Twitch from the list of services to log in, and click Link Account.
- Use either a mobile logged into the Twitch app, or the Twitch Activation site to sign in to your Twitch account on your PS5.
- Enter the unique code displayed on your PS5 screen on Twitch and confirm the linking of accounts.
- You should see a confirmation once the pairing process is complete.
Going live on Twitch from your PS5
Once you’ve linked your PlayStation and Twitch accounts, it’s time to get gaming and initiate your live broadcast.
- Open the game you’d like to stream.
- Press the Create button on the DualSense controller.
- Select Broadcast and select the platform you’d like to broadcast on – in this case, Twitch.
- Enter a title for your stream.
- Tap the three dots to change advanced settings like stream quality and the ability to include your PlayStation Camera feed on streams. Once you’re ready, hit the Go Live button to go live on Twitch and impress the masses with your elite gaming skillz.
If you want to take things a step further and run your stream from your PC, take a look at our full guide on how to stream on Twitch. There’s also how to use the PS5 DualSense controller on PC if you play across both platforms.