Samsung is offering six months of Spotify Premium for free to anyone who purchases a Galaxy A-range phone. The offer is available until 31 December from all UK retailers except O2.
Additionally, customers can also claim a free pair of AKG Y500 Wireless headphones worth £129 with A41, A51, A51 5G, and A71 purchases made between 5 August to 2 September 2020. It’s a great deal for students looking for a Samsung Galaxy phone on a budget.
The phones included in this offer include the:
- Galaxy A21s (32GB) £179 (eligible for free Spotify offer only, not AKG headphones)
- Galaxy A41 (64GB) £269
- Galaxy A51 (128GB) – £329
- Galaxy A51 (128GB) 5G – £429 – now with £75 off with trade-in
- Galaxy A71 (128GB) – £419
Samsung introduced its Galaxy A range as a mid-range counterpoint to its ultra-premium Galaxy S and Galaxy Note phones, which now includes the newly launched Galaxy Note 20 range.
While the Galaxy A phones cut back on the bells and whistles of the more expensive Galaxy phones, like waterproofing, wireless charging, and all-glass backs, they compensate with decent specs, large displays, solid camera set-ups, as well as hardy batteries.
The Galaxy A51, which was the best-selling handset in the first quarter of 2020, additionally offers Bluetooth 5.0 support, 15W fast charging, and a 32Mb selfie-cam.
Meanwhile, the A70 offers excellent core specs and is a veritable opponent to the more expensive Galaxy S10 Lite, packing “more megapixels, a snazzier design, and a headphone jack – likely for at least £100/$100 less”, as we pointed out in our hands-on review of the Galaxy A71.
How to get 6 months of Spotify Premium with Galaxy A phones
Remember to claim the offer by 31 January 2021. Here’s how:
- Install Spotify on your new Galaxy A phone and create an account. Keep in mind, this offer is for new users only.
- Tap the Premium tab. You’ll see an option that says “Try 6 Months Free” under “Spotify Premium for Samsung”
- Enter your payment information and tap “Start my Premium Spotify”.
How to get free AKG Y500 Wireless Headphones with Galaxy A phones
You must claim by 9 September 2020. Here’s how:
- After purchasing a new Galaxy A phone and setting up a SIM, install the Samsung Members app
- Provide proof of purchase via the Samsung Members app. Claims must be made within 30 days of purchase
- Wait for a validation confirmation from the Samsung team
The AKG Y500 headphones will be sent to you within 30 days.