You probably already know that Alexa can tell jokes. But Amazon’s virtual assistant is also clued up on the year’s festivities and big events, so she can answer your questions and offer more equally cringe-worthy (but still funny) jokes for Christmas, Easter, Halloween and other times.
Below you’ll find a list of over 100 things to say to Alexa, and some of her responses might just make you laugh out loud. She usually has a variety of answers, so don’t just ask once: keep asking to hear them all.
Weird things to say to Alexa
- Alexa, enable teenage mode
- Alexa, get me a beer
- Alexa, are you a robot?
- Alexa, what are the three laws of robotics?
- Alexa, knock knock
- Alexa, do you know Siri?
- Alexa, do you smoke?
- Alexa, tell me a joke
- Alexa, why did the chicken cross the road?
- Alexa, do a barrel roll
- Alexa, which came first: chicken or egg?
- Alexa, I want the truth
- Alexa, what’s the magic word?
- Alexa, give me a random number between 1 and 10
- Alexa, flip a coin
- Alexa, roll a dice
If you like games, check out these
14 fun games to play with Alexa
- Alexa, cry like a baby
- Alexa, fart
- Alexa, burp
- Alexa, meow
- Alexa, woof
- Alexa, what happens if you step on Lego?
- Alexa, are you a nerd?
- Alexa, sing me a song
- Alexa, can you sing in auto-tune?
- Alexa, can you do a rap?
- Alexa, what sound does a hamster make?
- Alexa, rock, paper, scissors
- Alexa, how can I get rid of a dead body?
- Alexa, flatter me
- Alexa, where are my keys? (this won’t be a joke if you have a key-finding skill enabled)
- Alexa, where do you live?
- Alexa, what’s your favourite colour?
- Alexa, are you blue?
- Alexa, will you marry me?
- Alexa, what are you wearing?
- Alexa, do you sleep?
- Alexa, how old are you?
- Alexa, give me a kiss
- Alexa, tell me a secret
- Alexa, do you believe in ghosts?
- Alexa, do aliens exist?
- Alexa, is there life on mars?
- Alexa, is there a Santa?
- Alexa, what is the meaning of life?
- Alexa, testing 1, 2, 3
- Alexa, see you later
- Alexa, high five
- Alexa, clap
- Alexa, winter is coming
- Alexa, I am your father
- Alexa, use the force
- Alexa, beam me up
- Alexa, open the pod bay doors
- Alexa, are you skynet?
- Alexa, who you gonna call?
- Alexa, what’s the first rule of fight club?
- Alexa, Marco!
- Alexa, say something in Klingon
What to ask Alexa about Star Wars
- Alexa, when is Star Wars Day?
- Alexa, May the fourth be with you
- Alexa, do you like Star Wars?
- Alexa, who is the best Jedi?
- Alexa, aren’t you a little short for a storm trooper?
- Alexa, what’s the Jedi code?
- Alexa, I am your father
- Alexa, there is no try
- Alexa, tell me a princess Leia Quote
- Alexa, May the Force be with you
- Alexa, what order should I watch Star Wars in?
- Alexa, who is Luke Skywalker’s father?
- Alexa, tell me a Star Wars joke
- Alexa, tell me a Star Wars quote
- Alexa, these aren’t the droids you’re looking for
- Alexa, that’s no moon
- Alexa, admiral, it’s a trap
- Alexa, talk like Chewbacca
- Alexa, talk like Darth Vader
- Alexa, talk like Jabba the Hut
- Alexa, talk like Princess Leia
- Alexa, talk like Yoda
- Alexa, talk like Han Solo
- Alexa, talk like R2-D2
- Alexa, talk like Jar Jar Binks
- Alexa, talk like C-3PO
- Alexa, talk like Luke Skywalker
- Alexa, use the Force
You can make your Echo Dot look like Grogu from The Mandalorian. The stand is made for Amazon by Otterbox and it’s available
If you have an Echo Dot 3, Otterbox also makes the same stand for that model too. Get it
Arrrrlexa’s pirate sayings
All you need to do is to say, “Alexa, talk like a pirate.”
- Avast, ye scurvy curs! Or ye will be paying a visit to Davy Jones’ Locker.
- Arrr! Batten down the hatches, furl the sails! Draw sabres! These scallywags be shark bait.
- Fifteen men on the dead man’s chest… yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!
- Gor blimey! The ship be bilged on her anchor. Heave ho, mateys!
- Arrr! Ask me for one more fart joke and I’ll make ye walk the plank!
What to ask Alexa at Halloween
- Alexa, how many days until Halloween?
- Alexa, happy Halloween (on 31st Oct only)
- Alexa, scare me
- Alexa, trick or treat?
- Alexa, when is the zombie apocalypse?
- Alexa, tell me a Halloween joke
- Alexa, what are you wearing for Halloween?
What to ask Alexa at Christmas
- Alexa, enable Hey Santa (Alexa’s new ‘celebrity voice’)
- Alexa, how many sleeps [or days] until Christmas?
- Alexa, do you believe in Santa?
- Alexa, how old is Santa?
- Alexa, where does Father Christmas live?
- Alexa, will it snow on Christmas Day?
- Alexa, what’s Santa’s address?
- Alexa, what do you want for Christmas?
- Alexa, what is the true meaning of Christmas?
- Alexa, how do you make a snowball?
- Alexa, do you like my Christmas tree?
- Alexa, how fast is Santa’s sleigh
- Alexa, sing a Christmas song
- Alexa, sing a Christmas carol
- Alexa, tell me a Christmas joke
- Alexa, tell me a Christmas story
- Alexa, how ugly is your Christmas jumper?
- Alexa, open my advent calendar
- Alexa, is Die Hard a Christmas movie?
- Alexa, where is Santa?
- Alexa, name Santa’s reindeer
- Alexa, who is your favourite reindeer?
- Alexa, read ‘Twas the night before Christmas
- Alexa, I wish it could be Christmas every day
- Alexa, play the Queen’s Christmas Day message (UK only)
- Alexa, sing Auld Lang Syne
- Alexa, Happy New Year!
- Alexa, play Christmas music (requires subscription to a music streaming service)
- Alexa, read my RNIB Letter from Santa (in association with the Royal National Institute of Blind people)
You can also say these with ‘Hey Santa’ enabled:
- Hey Santa, sing We Wish You a Merry Christmas
- Hey Santa, sing the 12 Days of Christmas
- Hey Santa, sing Deck the Halls
- Hey Santa, tell me a story
- Hey Santa, tell me the North Pole news
- Hey Santa, tell me about your reindeer
- Hey Santa, can you laugh?
- Hey Santa, what is your favorite food?
- Hey Santa, merry Christmas
- Hey Santa, let’s dance
- Hey Santa, tell me a joke
- Hey Santa, let’s play a game
- Hey Santa, give me advice
If you have a Fire TV, you can also say these phrases to play specific Christmas movies from Prime Video (subscription):
- Alexa, Operation Santa Claus is coming to town! – Arthur Christmas
- Alexa, there’s no greater gift than friendship – The Polar Express
- Alexa, we’re walking in the air – The Snowman
- Alexa, what’s that stench, it’s fantastic! – How The Grinch Stole Christmas
- Alexa, let’s save Santa – Saving Santa
- Alexa, keep the change ya filthy animal – Home Alone
- Alexa, take me to the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest – Elf
- Alexa, I’m Mr Napkin Head! – The Holiday
- Alexa, this animal is my co-pilot – A Street Cat Named Bob (on the free IMDb TV)
What to ask Alexa at Easter
- Alexa, how many days until Easter?
- Alexa, do the Easter rap
- Alexa, is the Easter Bunny real?
- Alexa, pretend to be a chicken…
- Alexa, what’s your favourite Easter egg?
- Alexa, how do you make hot cross buns?
- Alexa, open Easter Would you Rather….
- Alexa, open Easter quiz…
- Alexa, open egg hiding game
- Alexa, open Easter facts
- Alexa, open Easter bunny
Brilliantly, if you ask Alexa “Tell me a yo mamma joke” she will respond not with something rude but instead an encouraging and uplifting statement about how great your mother is. And as with the others, there are multiple responses, so asking again will prompt a different answer.
Don’t have enough Alexa in your life? Here are the
best Amazon Echo deals right now and the
best Echo models to buy.
You can get Alexa to tell you personalised jokes using Roasts Skill Blueprint. Via the website, you can customise 22 templated Skills and make your friends and family laugh. Here’s
how to create a skill with Blueprints.
Finally, although not a funny response, if you ask her to turn the volume up to 11 she will set it to maximum: a reference to the film Spinal Tap.
Related articles for further reading: