QuickShare is adware and it probably got installed on your computer when you installed or updated some other software. Unless you read the small print, it’s easy to think you’re installing only one application. However, these days, lots of programs – even known and trusted ones – offer to install browser toolbars and other widgets.
Also see: How to remove unwanted browser toolbars: remove SnapDo, Babylon, Delta, iLivid, Yahoo, Ask
Far from being a bonus, these additional widgets might hijack your web browser, change your home page and your search engine.
Also see: Best free antivirus
How to remove QuickShare
1. Head to the Control Panel and then Programs (or Programs and features).
2. Click Uninstall a program and look for QuickShare in the list. Click on it and then the uninstall button.
Make sure you remove all entries in the list for QuickShare. It’s made by Linkury, so search for that too.
3. You might need to remove the widget in the add-ons or extensions section of your web browser.
Remove QuickShare in Internet Explorer
• Press Alt-T
• In the Tools menu, click Manage Add-ons.
• In Toolbars and Extensions, select the add-on you want to remove and select Disable.
Remove QuickShare in Firefox
• Press Ctrl-Shift-A and you will see Add-ons Manager tab open.
• Go to Extensions, look for the QuickShare items and remove them.
Remove QuickShare in Google Chrome
• Press Alt-F
• Click Tools, then Extensions.
• Choose the add-on you want to delete and click on the trash icon.
How to automatically remove QuickShare
Manual removal can be tricky as traces of QuickShare may be left behind. You can use certain malware/adware/spyware-removal tools such as
These scan your computer and offer to remove anything potentially unwanted.