March Madness has taken over, a tournament that determines which men’s and women’s teams will be the NCAA Division I college basketball champions.
The season is now well underway, and if you want to catch all the matches – including the hotly anticipated final – then we have everything you need to know if you’re based in the US or UK. We also have a similar guide for the Premier League and the FA Cup.
How to watch March Madness in the US
American viewers can watch all the men’s games in March Madness either on CBS or TBS on broadcast TV.
If you prefer streaming, then you can catch the games that air on CBS on Paramount+. Right now, users can grab a 30-day free trial by using the code PICARD at checkout.
TBS doesn’t have a dedicated livestreaming platform, so if you want to catch these games online then you can do so by buying a short-term subscription to either Hulu + Live TV, YouTube TV or Sling – the latter offers the most competitive pricing at the time of writing.
The women’s games will be broadcast on ESPN, ESPN 2 and ABC – there are streaming platforms available for both ESPN and ABC.
How to watch March Madness in the UK
If you’re in the UK, then you can watch the men’s and women’s March Madness basketball games via the ESPN player. This costs £9.99 per month and £59.49 per year, and new subscribers can take advantage of a seven-day free trial.
If you’d prefer to watch on TV, then BT Sport is also showing the games – but you’ll need this as part of your entertainment package.
March Madness 2023 Men’s schedule
Below is the full schedule of the men’s upcoming games, what time they air in the US and UK and what channels/services you can catch them on.
For reference, the final (the teams of which are to be determined) is scheduled to take place on Monday 3 April 2023 at 9pm ET/6pm PT, which is 2am BST on 4 April 2023 for UK viewers.
Saturday, 1 April — Final Four
- No. 5 San Diego State vs. No. 9 Florida Atlantic | 6pm ET/3pm PT/11pm BST | CBS/Paramount+ (US), ESPN/ESPN Player and BT Sport 4 (UK)
- No. 4 UConn vs. No. 5 Miami (Fla.) | 8:30pm ET/5:30pm PT/1:30am BST (Sunday 2 April) | CBS/Paramount+ (US), ESPN/ESPN Player and BT Sport 4 (UK)
Monday, 3 April — National Championship
- TBD vs. TBD | 9pm ET/6pm PT/2am BST (Tuesday 4 April) | CBS/Paramount+ (US), ESPN/ESPN Player and BT Sport 1 (UK)
March Madness 2023 Women’s schedule
Here is the full schedule for the women’s tournament. The final game will take place on Sunday 2 April 2023, with the teams and airtime to be confirmed.
Friday 31 March — Final Four
- No. 1 Virginia Tech vs. No. 3 LSU | | 7pm ET/4pm PT/12am BST (Saturday 1 April) | ESPN (US)/ESPN Player and BT Sport 3 (UK)
- No. 1 South Carolina vs. No. 2 Iowa | 9:30pm ET/6:30pm PT/2:30am BST (Saturday 1 April) | ESPN/ESPN Player and BT Sport 3 (UK)
Sunday 2 April — National Championship
- TBD vs. TBD | 3:30pm ET/12:30pm PT/8:30pm BST | ABC/ESPN Player and BT Sport 4 (UK)